The parsley (Petroselinum crispum), flat or curly, is a aromatic plant original mediterranean very widespread in Europe.
Used for thousands of years in cooking, this plant, rich in vitamins, in minerals and in trace elements has also long been recognized for its virtues and his benefits about health.
- Vegetable garden : grow parsley
Parsley and its health benefits
The fresh leaves parsley are rich in vitamins and in minerals. Their power antioxidant make it an excellent healthy seasoning, fighting against the appearance of diseases cardiovascular, from some cancers and other diseases related to aging cells.
- Parsley is recognized for its virtuesdiuretics. It is then particularly effective in decoction (50 g of parsley leaves per liter of water) to drink throughout the day.
Parsley has a beneficial effect on the liver, the missed, the intestines and the whole of digestive system.
- It relieves intestinal disorders (bloating, constipation, indigestion), calms renal colic and fight against urinary tract infections.
- Prevention of chronic and seasonal diseases of respiratory tracts : cough, asthma, bronchitis.
Parsley has effects antianemic and anti coagulants. It is effective in case ofirregular, painful periods. Rich in vitamin Kit is however not recommended to people who take anti coagulants.
- Warning, too much parsley could cause heart trouble, to have some abortive effects and irritate them kidneys.
In general, it is not recommended for pregnant women and people with kidney problems.
- For external use, the parsley leaves calm the Insect bites, skin irritations, the bruises and the bruises.
Growing parsley for its benefits
The parsley don't like not too hot spots. He needs rich, shaded soil that stays cool, even in summer.
- You can easily grow parsley in a pot or in a planter, in a sheltered place. Do not place itnot on a window sillin broad daylight, it would turn yellow very quickly. Be sure to maintain thewet earth and don't hesitate to bringa little fertilizer.
- Warning to carrot flies, aphids and slugs that love young parsley shoots.
Vegetable garden : sowing, growing and caring for parsley
Parsley in cooking for its benefits
Soups, broths, garnished bouquets, herbal sauces ... the fresh parsley delicately perfumes your preparations.
Less known, the dried seeds can also be used. They will serve as condiment.
Store your parsley leaves in the vegetable bin from your refrigerator, in a plastic bag with a hole.
For the keep Longer, you can put it in a container partially filled with water and keep it in the refrigerator.
Nutritional value of parsley:
30 kcal / 100 g. The leaves of parsley are very rich in vitamin C, in potassium, in iron and in copper. Consumed in small portions, parsley provides few nutrients.
When consumed in larger quantities (in a Lebanese tabbouleh, for example), parsley turns out to be a particularly interesting food from a nutritional point of view.
Smart tip about parsley
Parsley is good for your health and brings a lot of flavor to cooking. In salads, in seasonings or simply tossed on the fly when serving the dish, it is a real cooking asset.