We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Full of freshness and flavor, here is a delicious recipe for summer fruit salad with basil wine.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- 2 small melons
- 250 g of strawberries (Gariguette)
- 200 g of watermelon
- 25 cl of semi-dry white wine
- 10 sheets of basil
- 30 g of caster sugar
- 4 scoops of yogurt ice cream
Summer Fruit Salad with Basil Wine
- Wash the basil.
- In a saucepan, combine the wine and sugar. Bring to a boil for about 10 minutes so as to melt the sugar. Add 6 basil leaves at the last moment. Transfer to a bowl. Let cool and place in the refrigerator.
- Cut the melons in half. Seed them. Remove the flesh, taking care not to damage the hulls. Cut the flesh into pieces. Reserve the cockles.
- Seed the watermelon. Separate the flesh from the shell and cut this flesh into pieces.
- Wash the strawberries.
- In a salad bowl, place the pieces of melon and watermelon, sprinkle with sweet wine. Leave to macerate for 30 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Distribute the macerated fruit among the melon shells. Add the strawberries.
Sprinkle with the remaining chopped basil leaves.
- Enjoy chilled accompanied by yoghurt ice cream in a glass!
- You can replace the basil with fresh mint.
- Strawberries are fragile fruits, it is best to consume them on the day of purchase.
Chisel : cut into small cubes.
Macerate : soak a food in a liquid (alcohol, oil, vinegar, lemon juice, wine, etc.) for a longer or shorter time in order to preserve them, or to flavor them (eg: macerate sour cherries in brandy ).
Recipe: T. Bryone, Photo: C. Herlédan