Here's a great way to combine those great fall veggies by baking a pumpkin and zucchini pie.
Ingredients for 4 to 6 people:
- 1 shortcrust pastry
- 400 g of pumpkin
- 1 courgette
- 1 knob of butter
- 125 g grated cheese
- 3 eggs
- 25 cl of milk
- 20 cl of liquid cream
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Here is a delicious recipe that should surprise more than one.
Pumpkin Zucchini Pie Recipe
The success of this recipe is within everyone's reach, as long as it is quick enough to make.
- Start by peeling the pumpkin and cutting it into small cubes
- Brown the butter in a saucepan then brown the pumpkin
- Then cover with water and simmer for 15 minutes over a covered heat
- When the pumpkin is cooked, you should have like pumpkin pulp
- Use a colander to completely drain the pumpkin (there should not be any water left)
- Wash and cut the courgette into slices
Preparation of the tart shell:
- In a salad bowl or a bowl,
- Pour the cream that you will mix with the whole eggs in a vigorous way
- Then add the milk and mix again
- Add the grated cheese,
- Salt and pepper
Making the pumpkin and zucchini pie:
In a pie dish,
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry,
- Place the pumpkin at the bottom
- Pour over your pie shell
- Arrange on top of the zucchini slices
Baking the pumpkin and zucchini pie:
Baking pumpkin and zucchini pie will vary depending on your oven and dish, but should take around 35 to 40 minutes.
It is important to brown the top, on the one hand because the zucchini must be well cooked and on the other hand because it is much prettier ... you can grill your pie for 5 minutes before serving.
Enjoy your meal !