The frozen coffee and condensed milk soup is a nice dessert idea, at the same time full of aromas, fresh and light.
Ingredients for 4 persons :
- ground coffee
- 40 g cane sugar
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 can of sweetened condensed milk (200 g)
- 80 cl of whole milk
- 4 Breton shortbread
Ice cream soup with coffee and condensed milk
For the granita:
- Prepare 40 cl of coffee, pour in the cane sugar, mix, then pour into a dish and let cool (about 30 minutes).
- Place in the freezer for at least 30 minutes before scraping the contents of the dish and placing back in the freezer.
- Repeat this last operation once more.
For the milk soup:
- Split the vanilla bean in half lengthwise. Scrape and scoop out the seeds inside with the tip of a knife.
- In a saucepan, pour the contents of the can of condensed milk, the milk and add the vanilla seeds. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes. Leave to cool (about 2 hours), remove the pod and mix the vanilla beans well.
- When ready to serve, place the granita in cups, pour in the vanilla milk soup then crumble the cookies. Enjoy immediately.
LEARN MORE ...
Sweetened condensed milk :
9This cow's milk dairy product was created in the mid-19th century by the American Gail Borden, who was looking for a process to extend the shelf life of milk. Its nutritional qualities nourished northern troops during the Civil War who, seduced by its practicality and taste, promoted it after the war. Over the years, this product has found its place in American cuisine, especially in desserts.
Recipe: A. Beauvais Photo: F. Hamel